When it comes to soccer markets, over under football betting is a popular option for so many reasons. It provides more and better opportunities to you, giving you better odds at winning and making profits. So what is this bet, how does it work, and what are the multiple options you can choose from within it.
What is an Over/Under Bet?
Over/under soccer bet is a betting option on the total goals that will be scored in a match. It gives you two options to choose from, as the name suggests.
- Under 2.5 Goals: You can choose 0,1 or 2 goals
- Over 2.5 Goals: You can choose 3 goals or more.
When it comes to soccer, 2.5 total goals is set as the primary line to this option. What makes it interesting is that there is no chance of draw. You can either win or lose your wager when the match concludes. Thus, there is a 50% probability of winning your bet. One more thing that makes it unique is that penalty shootouts and extra-time after 90 minutes don’t count.
Interesting Points About Over/Under Bets
Over/under bets are also referred to as totals. Some of the interesting points about over under football betting in soccer are as follows:
- The total bets for goals scored are set at over/under 2.5 goals, most of the time
- Different payout odds are offered for the bet (only in this sport)
- At times, there is the option of betting at multiple lines (you can rely on soccer combo bet predictions to make winning bets)
- You can also come across games where you can bet over/under 1.5 and 3.5. With such flexibility to bet over/under 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5, you get the opportunity to increase your profits. You can expect higher payouts if you make more precise soccer combo bet predictions.
- These are the only bets in soccer that allow you to cheer for or against both the teams in a match.
- They make perfect bets when you hate or love both the teams.
These markets also provide you the flexibility to make the most of certain other predictions you may have.
Why to Consider Over/Under Bets?
There are many reasons why you would want to pick over under football betting options.
- It doesn’t matter which team you support. All that matters is what the result is.
- You get the opportunity to win in a highly competitive game. Imagine two of the strongest teams in English Premier League going against each other and no one is certain how things may turn out to be. Instead of playing with the odds and betting on one team, you can simply rely on soccer combo bet predictions.
- These bets add lots of flexibility in terms of factors like the conditions, substitutions, and player injuries among others.
All the leading online bookmakers provide a wide variety of over under football betting markets. This gives you the opportunity to place a bet on a match if you think strongly about how it may turn out to be.
If you expect a match to be a high-scoring one and expect that both are going to score, you can consider something beyond a Both teams to Score bet. You can choose Over 3.5, 4.5 or 5.5 Goals bet to make the most of the opportunity.
Can You Bet Over/Under During Play?
In-play over under football betting is available for most matches. The ideal bookmaker can offer multiple lines for these markets. You can, in fact, also be able to bet on over/under for the first and second halves. You can also find the chance to cash out if you are looking at a profit when you are sitting on an excellent position.
For example, you may have placed a bet based on soccer combo bet predictions on Over 2.5 Goals. The scoreboard may be showing 1-1 with 30 more minutes of play left. You could win your bet only if there is at least one more goal. With in-play over/under bets, you get the chance to make profits without the need to wait for the final result.
When it comes to soccer combo bet predictions, there are many options.
- Single Bet: Prediction for a single event
- Double Bet: Predictions for two events
- Treble Bet: Predictions for three events
In order to win a combo bet, it is required for all predictions to become correct.
Then there are System bets, which are different from Combo bets in that it is not required for all your picks to be correct.
Impact of Overtime on Over/Under Bets
Many soccer matches can enter extra time due to many reasons. There can be a tie or penalty, or there may be stoppages. All this doesn’t have any influence on the over/under bets.
What makes over under football betting unique is that they are valid throughout the duration of the game, without concern for overtime or any other events. If you think that the match can enter extra time, you can consider other bet options on the over component. This is because the extra time will give the teams more opportunities to score.
It is not just soccer, but most other sports allow you to choose these markets. You can place over/under bets on points, runs, and goals in other sports matches as well. interestingly, some sports allow you to place your bets on over/unders of a wide range of events, not just the goals scored.
For example, if you choose to bet in golf, you will get the option to bet over/under the number of birdies on a hole or throughout the tournament round. Some of the other events you can consider placing these bets on include yellow cards, penalties, and fouls among others. In fact, you can place totals bet on almost any factor that can be counted in a match. All this makes over under football betting an interesting market to choose.